Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Singin' 'Bout Giddy Yups & Grass-Fed Beefaroni at Thread Show

So remember that earlier Leek post "Party With Big Pool Mistaken for Big Party With Pool"?  There ain't no pool at Thread Show so there'll be no confusion here! 

I really WILL be performing in front of more than 6 people FINALLY!  Okay, okay...I'm not headlining or anything, and nobody's really paying to see me, per se, but it's a start, right? 

WHERE:  Thread Show's Fusion Fashion Show Runway at Fort Mason - Festival Pavilion
WHEN:  The 4pm set
FEATURED PERFORMER:  Malaya Mai
DESIGNERS:  Saaz Designs & jules elin

I'll be singing "Flip The Coin", a Club/Pop song produced by Clayton William (San Jose), and an R&B/Pop song called "1 Thing" produced by Du Damage (Oakland).  Both songs were written by yours truly.  "Flip The Coin" is about a confident woman who takes lust or whatever you want to call it* by the reigns and giddy yups. 

(*Some people call it "love".  I would say you just paid cover and got into the club, so whoa, nelly! )

"1 Thing" is about how this guy you're into really seems to make the grade...I mean this guy is just Certified, Grade A, Grass-Fed Beefaroni, right?!   Well, think again...Grass-Fed Beefaroni ends up having a unibrow or bad breath or a combover.  Take your pick.

Anyways, I digress.  The point is, I really want you to see me sing about these things.  And if you have a unibrow, bad breath or a combover, please come, too!  We'll all laugh!  It'll be fun!

RSVP online via the link below, and you can get in for $2 less ($8 entry instead of $10).  And the link also says that if you donate clothes or valet your bike, you can also get in for $2 less.  $6 might be the price with the possible cumulative savings.  Whether it's cumulative or not, I don't know yet, but as soon as I find out, I'll let you all know.

THREAD SHOW - RSVP HERE
http://bit.ly/ThreadShowSF

FORT MASON - FESTIVAL PAVILION, DIRECTIONS & MAP
http://www.fortmason.org/aboutus/visitor-information/directions


See you from the runway!
:)
Malaya

No comments:

Post a Comment