Friday, October 2, 2009

Raves & Wrecks: Full Moon Buy Night 2009

Oakland, CA - Walking a spiral through the maze of booths that Full Moon Buy Night (FMBN) had to offer me, I couldn't help but come out of it with mixed feelings. 

I go to so many of these things, and I'm always looking for something new and different, even a different presentation or ambiance of some sort.  So when I saw the online flyer for this event, the presentation of certain images and words made this event a shoo-in for me.  I was lured by the images of a full moon and the string lights and the words "night", "bazaar" & "waterfront".  When I got there, that's exactly the ambiance that FMBN offered me...a night bazaar with string lights on the waterfront under the moonlight. 

There were some local food vendors, a small farmer's market, some local fashion vendors, some exhibitors and some entertainment.  The bazaar offered such a variety of things.  So why oh why did I feel shorted in some way? Why oh why did I feel like I needed more?

And then it hit me.  The last East Bay event I went to was East Bay Express' Best of the East Bay Party at the Oakland Museum.  Yes, yes, YES!  Need I say more?!

Now if you'll see the bottom of FMBN's flyer, East Bay Express had a hand in this event.  I don't know what kind of hand it was or how much of its hand was allowed in the FMBN cookie jar, but let's just say that this year, FMBN is your father's Best of the East Bay Party...maybe even your grandfather's.

With an awesome 5 for Rave and an abysmal 1 for Wreck...
  • 5 raving stars to whoever designed the flyer
  • 5 raving stars for the ambiance
  • 3 stars for what was offered.  A good variety of offerings...but I just wanted more.

No comments:

Post a Comment